I can’t tell you how much I LOVE Afternoon Tea.
It’s hard to know the difference between Afternoon Tea and High Tea, but frankly, I don’t care. I just want to get to the eating.
This is all I know about “Tea”:
- Tea is meant to be an afternoon break between lunch and dinner.
- If you choose to have more than one kind of tea, go from light to dark (least caffeine to most caffeine).
- Sugar is served in cubes
- It doesn’t have to be expensive
- Food usually progresses from savory to sweet
- It’s the best time to ask your girlfriends to dish on the latest
- It’s fancy
- It’s a culinary spa treatment
“I don’t know much, but I know I love you…”
Afternoon Tea Menu
(High Tea Menu)
Earl Grey Black
Arugula, Cucumber, and Cream Cheese
Mock Egg Salad on Pumpernickel
Apple and Boursin Cheese
Breads and Muffins
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
Store-bought Lemon Poppy seed Muffins
Store-bought Banana Nut Bread
Butter, Strawberry Jam, and Lemon Curd
Danish Wedding Cookies
Store-bought Salted Caramel Mini Cupcakes
Chocolate Covered Banana “Stumps”
Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Pistachio
I went to thrift shops to buy a lot of the serving ware, such as teacups and saucers. They were all different but I thought that added some character. A good friend loaned me the two silver cake stands and I bought the “Keep Calm” teapot from tjmaxx.